Saturday, April 26, 2008

Catching up with Terry Etim

l_37037df9a627b772f67d497696374001[1]

How's training going for your fight against Rich Clementi?

My training is going great, I would say this is the best training camp I have had so far.

Did it effect the way you train with Rob Emerson dropping out and changing to Rich Clementi?

No it didn't effect the way I am training too much. We're pretty much working on the same things.

How did you get into MMA?

I have always been a lifelong fan of the UFC and it was something I knew I wanted to do. I wandered into a local gym around four years ago,started training and I have never looked back since.

Was your family supportive of your decision to fight?

Yes they are very supportive,it was my dad who showed me my first ufc video,when I was 10. So he has always been a fan of MMA himself.

Where do you train?

I train with Team Kaobon,in Liverpool, England.

What are you most proud of so far in your MMA career?

My proudest moment so far has got to be my UFC debut. It was an amazing feeling fighting in the UFC and winning was a dream come true.

How cool was it to be on the first UFC in the UK?

It was very cool to fight on a UFC card in the UK. It was actually the second UFC card in the UK.
There's nothing like fighting in front of your home crowd.

I was very focused, I was thinking this is what I've always wanted to do since I started training. It was a real dream come true.

What did you think when you first stepped into the Octagon at UFC 70?

I was very focused, I was thinking this is what I've always wanted to do since I started training. It was a real dream come true.

How good did it feel to get the win over Matt Grice?

It was the best feeling ever, I'll never forget it and hopefully there will many more moments like it during my career.

Who are some of your favorite fighters to watch?

I like to watch GSP and Shogun.They are both very entertaining fighters.

Are you excited to be on the same card (UFC 84) with Jason Tan?

Yeah its cool to be fighting on the same card as Jason. If somebody told me a couple of years ago,we'd be on a UFC card in Vegas together I wouldn't have believed them.

That's going to be a great show are you going to stick around and watch the main event after your fight?

Yeah it's going to be an awesome show, I'll definitely be sticking around for the main event.

Who takes it Penn or Sherk?

It's too close to call, I think it's going to be an action packed fight though.

Thanks again Terry, anything else you'd like to say to the fans?

I'd like to thank all the fans out there and my family,who support me each time I fight. I would also like to thank everyone who has helped me get this far, especially my trainer Colin Heron.

No comments: